Wednesday 4 June 2014

It's worth 'cheating'

By: Ashokonlytrue | Jun 03, 2014

It’s worth cheating 

For the readers… if you are first time buyers or north Indians, please read till end(I had spent more than 2 hours to draft this mail).

After seeing the Alpine fiesta launch hoardings, I had decided to go to their site. Last three weekends I was in Alpine Fiesta site office.

1. On 10.05.2014, I had spoken with the marketing guy ‘Prashanth – 9986303484’ regarding thier new apartment and about their old memories which the customers never forget in their lifetime.

Links given below for those people who doesn’t know about Alpine history

dnaindia.com/bangalore/report-apartment-compound-wall-crashes-crushes-cars-1884238

epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIBG/2013/06/24&PageLabel=3&EntityId=Ar00300&ViewMode=HTML

After hearing all my concerns the marketing guy had taken me to his manager ‘Srinivas’ who assured me that:

The Alpine management changed now.

They will not cheat customers here after.

They already learned from their mistakes etc.,

I took their brochures and went back.



On 17.05.2014, I had selected a flat and went on thoughts for booking it since the promised amenities are good and my wife is more interested to have an apartment even though we have our own house.

Now I had spoken with another marketing guy ‘Yaseen – 9341044899’. When I had asked for approvals he showed me the hard copy of documents file which I had taken to my home to show to lawyer. Unless we book the flat, they will not give the documents, but by giving 200 rs I got them.




I had opened the BBMP approved plan and the promised brochure/paper advertisement and to my surprise I did not find the promised amenities like children play area, cricket pitch, basket ball court and many more in the BBMP approved plan. All this area marked as car parking’s.



On 24.05.2014, I had a one to one chat with their marketing manager ‘Srinivas – 7259666555’ about the deviations from the approved plan and their promise.

He replied that all the amenities will be there in Agreement, but not in BBMP the approved plan.

I told him that if you had not constructing according to the BBMP approved plan, the project will be in deviation(In this case 76 car parks is the deviation, which will turn around 40%) and we will not get the Occupancy certificate and we will end up with B Khatha. And more over for this much deviation, it will not be regularized(More than 33% deviation, I think it is only demolition, I am not sure about the percentage).



On 28.05.2014, I got a call from Srinivas to meet him personally in the site. The first question he asked me was whether I was a local person. I said ‘yes’.

He said that this project is not for me. I was surprised.

He continued telling that this project is for the first time home buyers and for north Indians who is in IT industry having just 3 to 4 years of experience in Industry.

I asked why?

He replied me telling that they don’t know about deviations, OC’s and B-Khata’s etc.

I am shocked. I don’t know what to say?

After 5 to 10 minutes, I asked him that you told me that you won’t cheat this time?

He told me that for their earlier apartments(Alpine Viva, Alpine Eco) also we told the same thing that we won’t cheat.

He asked me a question that if any builder tells that they will cheat the customers, will any on buy from them?

I was stunned. Again I don’t know what to say?

He continued telling that we know about our history, so only we are offering for lesser prices like throwing some biscuits to dogs to attract them.

I left silently from there.

As Alpine Fiesta advertisements says, I felt “It’s really worth sharing” here.





Part 2:

Even though I hadhim told so many times, my friend Ashish booked a flat at his own risk in Alpine fiesta. I came to know about the minutes of meeting held with the management regarding the issue raised by me here.

Minutes of the Meeting

  Place - At  Alpine Housing Development Corporation Ltd. 302 10, Langford Rd, Shanthi Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560027

Agenda- Discussion on legal/other queries related to project-Alpine Fiesta.

Chair person-  Kabeer/Rashid

Present- Alpine fiesta Innocent Customers, Kabeer and Rashid  

Discussion Point- No-1- BBMP approval without reflecting the amenities space/details in Plan.

A. Queries by Member’s present in meeting- Amenities as shown in the brochures/and explained by the marketing officials while booking the flat  are not reflected in the plan  approved by BBMP  instead the place is shown as open space for car parking.

Explanation by Kabeer/ Rashid- This is an unintentional error that has happened, while sketching the plan this mistake happened due to oversight and not observed at that point of time by the management. However while applying for EC/OC management will file the revised plan to ratify the error which has occurred.

B. Queries by Member’s present in meeting- Whether the Government authority can challenge these irregularities while filing the revised plan and can this be litigated.

Explanation by Kabeer/ Rashid- The deviation if any post construction can be approved by the Government authority and will not be a litigation/dispute on this issue.

C.  Queries by Member’s present in meeting- Whether the Government authority can impose penalty / additional fees while approving the deviation from the sanctioned plan.

Explanation by Kabeer/ Rashid- This could be, but if any penalty or additional cost will be demanded at that point of time by the Government authority, the additional cost shall be borne by the Alpine management and will not be reimbursed from the flat owners.

D. Queries by Member’s present in meeting- Why the deviation cannot be rectified now by submitting the fresh plane(reflecting the amenities etc in the plan).

  Explanation by Kabeer/ Rashid- This will be a time consuming and can add in delaying the project. Further the management will have to incur additional cost to obtain fresh plan.

The same amenities will be listed in the Sale/Construction agreement by Alpine but BBMP plan will not be modified now. You need to pay 20% money for making your agreements otherwise your bookings will be cancelled.

For any queries you can contact me - rasheed@alpinehousing.com

Note: After hearing the words like oversight by the management(who is there for decades in real estate), my friend wants to cancel his booking, but management is telling that they will deduct 25000 rs according to their rules from the booking amount

No comments:

Post a Comment